Once swallowed, Betaine HCL adds to the hydrochloric acid in the stomach:
- 850mg Betaine Hydrochloride
- Contributes to normal digestion
- No binders, fillers or excipients
Functions Of Stomach Hydrochloric Acid
Hydrochloric acid serves many purposes, including:
- Hydrochloric Acid (HCL) in the stomach, is the primary digestive juice responsible for breaking down proteins to prepare them for assimilation in the small intestine.
- HCL (stomach acid) provides a sterilising barrier, killing many potentially harmful micro-organisms in our foods before they reach the rest of the digestive tract.
Directions For Use of Betaine HCL (For people of age 12 or over)
To find out whether Betaine HCL will help you, we suggest you introduce it as follows:
- Always take Betaine HCL with the first mouthfuls of the meal.
- Start with one capsule at the beginning of the largest meal of the day. Notice if it helps or worsens your condition.
- If it worsens, discontinue. You may be producing excess HCL , have damaged stomach lining or have an ulcer. Seek professional advice.
- If you are no better or worse, increase to 2 capsules and assess for improvement.
- If one capsule makes you feel well, repeat at this level with each meal.
- Find the level at which you are best supported by the Betaine HCL and use this as your baseline.
Please note that the stomach does not need to produce so much Hydrochloric Acid to digest meals with little or no protein. Modify your HCL supplementation accordingly.
Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Servings per container: 50
Amount per serving
Betaine Hydrochloride 850mg*
*Daily Value not established.
Other ingredients: Gelatin
Does not contain tablet binders, coatings or colourings.