320mg Magnesium Oxide capsules. Over 300 enzymatic processes require magnesium. It contributes to:
- a reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- normal functioning of the nervous system
- normal muscle function
- normal psychological function
- the maintenance of normal bones
- the maintenance of normal teeth ...
- Magnesium has a role in the process of cell division
- Magnesium contributes to electrolyte balance
- Magnesium contributes to normal protein synthesis
- Magnesium contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism
It is estimated that 90% of UK and US residents are magnesium deficient. Only 10% of people display deficiency in the blood plasma. Less than 1% of our body's magnesium is located in the blood however, and to achieve this deceptive result, our bodies may scavenge the required magnesium from muscle and bone.
The Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) for magnesium, which is far lower than optimal, is 320mg for women and 420mg for men.
This quantity may be supplied by:
- 12 Cups of Broccoli or
- 14 Bananas or
- 20 Cups of Spinach
Magnesium Deficiency Symptoms
Magnesium deficiency can be remarkably well hidden and for many, there are no evident symptoms even though bodily reserves are diminishing all the time.
Some of the symptoms which may be due to a magnesium deficiency include:
- leg cramps & muscle contractions
- migraine headaches
- abnormal heart rhythms
- loss of appetite
- coronary spasm
320 mg magnesium oxide
Vegetable cellulose capsules
1 capsule per day or as directed by your health care practitioner.
Pregnant women and renal failure patients should seek the advice of a health-care professional before starting magnesium supplementation.