Premium Quality, Enriched Salmon Oil in Vegetarian Caspules. High in EPA and DHA which contribute to the maintenance of normal:
- brain function (DHA)
- vision (DHA)
- heart function (EPA & DHA)
- blood pressure (DHA & EPA)
- blood triglyceride levels (DHA & EPA)
We are happy to offer you this premium quality product.
Self Health's 'Omega-3 VegiPearls’ is a superior way of supplementing your daily diet with the highly beneficial Omega-3 Fatty Acids EPA and DHA. Highest quality is essential where these fatty acids are concerned. We only use the best fish (e.g. wild pacific salmon). Other Omega-3 products are often the product of inferior quality fish, with high levels of trans-fatty acids and often rancid ingredients. Our ‘Omega-3’ label is a guarantee for superior quality.
Why is Omega-3 so essential to you?
Essential fatty acids are so called, because we are unable to manufacture them for ourselves, so it is essential to have a sufficient intake through our diet. To ensure sufficient EPA and DHA, many nutritionists strongly recommend eating fish on a frequent basis.
Research has also shown that a sufficient intake of Omega-3 is advisable for pregnant women. EPA and DHA have been shown to contribute to the normal development of brain function and vision in babies.
Each container of Omega-3 contains 140 capsules each offering 500mg of enriched and easily digestible salmon oil with 18% EPA and 12% DHA. The overall concentration of polyunsaturated fatty acids is at least 36%.
Recommended daily dosage:
1-3 capsules twice a day with meals.
• Omega-3 long-chain fatty acids (EPA=eicosapentaenoic acid and DHA=docosahexaenoic acid) are essential for optimum health and vitality • Nowadays the Western diet provides no substantial vegetable source of EPA and DHA. The most important source is cold water fish (marine Omega-3 fatty acids, fish oil)
• The only Omega-3 fatty acid from vegetable source is alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) which cannot be converted into EPA and DHA sufficiently and is therefore NOT the only essential Omega-3 fatty acid (although believed to be so for a long time by the scientific community).
• The human body cannot produce EPA and DHA. We consume too many Omega-6 fats and not enough Omega-3 fats.
• We have to realise that we get all Omega-6 and Omega-9 fatty acids we need from our daily food, therefore there is no need for any supplementation of these fatty acids. In fact, these oils will worsen your Omega-6 to Omega-3 ratio, which Dr. Liebke’s has found is already out of balance in 80% of the patients he has seen over the past ten years in his office in Germany.
• Although we do need both Omega-3s and Omega-6s, researchers believe that a chronic excess of Omega-6 fatty acids can have serious consequences for vitality and health.
• The average Western diet provides less than 10-15% of the essential need for Omega-3 (especially EPA and DHA) and the Omega-6 to Omega-3 ratio is about 12-20:1, whereas data from recent publications suggests that for most of human history the Omega-6 to Omega-3 ratio would have ranged from 1:1 to 3:1. High dietary Omega-6 to Omega-3 ratios are associated with increased risk for cardiovascular disease, certain life threatening, chronic degenerative diseases and tend to exacerbate many inflammatory disease responses.
• Daily intake of marine Omega-3 means ‘covering a genuine nutritional gap’
• The FDA recommends a daily intake of 0.6 – 1 gram of marine Omega-3 (i.e., 1-3 gram of fish oil capsules with approximately 35% of EPA and DHA)
• Marine Omega-3 is considered to have no notable adverse effects in the doses recommended
• Classic mixture of 18% EPA and 12% DHA in each capsule (concentration ratio recommended especially for its anti-viral properties) from a blend of unrefined marine oils of highest quality from the pacific ocean (mainly wild salmon, also herring, mackerel and sardine).
• Produced via an ingenious soft manufacturing process distilling the top quality marine oils (only of the meat and the fat under the skin of those fish mentioned above) guaranteed free of mercury or other heavy metals, PCBs and other known pollutants.
• Soft processing without pressure of a higher concentration process means total control of harmful oxidation-by-products (rancid fatty acids and so called trans-fatty acids which are a health hazard) of the fish oil and keeping them to the very minimum.
• Fixed to triglycerides, Omega-3 oils are optimally prepared for easy and fast absorption via the human intestine
• For perfect stabilisation of these fast reacting fatty acids every capsule contains natural vitamin E (15mg in every 500mg capsule fish oil respectively 7.5mg in the 250mg VegiPearls capsule). Although a little lowering effect of vitamin E blood concentration by fish oil is possible this kind of side effect is sufficiently counteracted by adding this amount of natural vitamin E.
• Because of this special purification and distillation process and in contrast to most other poor quality oils on the market, ‘Omega-3’ is free of unpleasant fishy taste and is nearly flavourless, odourless and regurgitation-free (no burp).
-Standard pot of 140 gelatin (best/safe quality) capsules of 500mg fish oil each
(18% EPA, 12%DHA; —36% Omega-3 fatty acids)