Vitamin B2 or Riboflavin contributest to normal:
- energy-yielding metabolism
- functioning of the nervous system
- maintenance of normal skin
- maintenance of normal vision
- and more...
Vitamin B2 or Riboflavin also contributest to normal:
- maintenance of normal mucous membranes
- maintenance of normal red blood cells
- metabolism of iron
- protection of cells from oxidative stress
- the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
Without sufficient B2, several of the other B vitamins cannot perform their functions.
Riboflavin is water-soluble and must be replaced daily, because the majority is excreted through urination, and sweating.
Oral contraceptives and regular consumption of alcohol decrease the amount of riboflavin your body is able to absorb.